Saturday, January 12, 2008

I have a Confession

I have a confession. I have an addiction that has possessed me since I was about fourteen. I am addicted to the collection of photographs of doors. Yes, doors.

What a strange thing to be drawn to, you might say: while others question whether it is more fascination than addiction. Regardless of what you call it, I am hooked on doors. When I see an interesting door my mind immediately goes into overdrive with imaginings of all the secrets that have gone on behind it. I envision the people, parties and other activities that once took place behind those doors.

I used to cut pictures of fascinating, boring or just plain ugly doors from magazines and kept them stashed away for decades. Since I became more computer savvy I resorted to downloading them from the internet. I have quite a file of doors. Red doors, blue doors, church doors, doors off their hinges leaning against buildings buried deep in weeds. You name it and I probably have a snapshot of it.

Today I came across this wonderful slideshow of a collection of doors posted by by one of my favorite websites and I just had to share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy it.




DOORWAYS of the WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.