Monday, January 31, 2011

Yellow snow and sky

The Old Salt left on Friday to go spend the weekend with his brother, and I stayed home to keep up the syringe feedings of our sick kitty. That turned out to be a good thing because I woke up Saturday morning with a killer head cold. Yesterday, I decided to get a head start on this weeks memes by scheduling a few entries to auto post. But, I quickly found that was going to be no easy task. Since we have been snowed in so much the last few weeks I have very few current shots to share and not a single one of those fell into the Mellow Yellow realm.

Then sudden as I started to scan my archives for a suitable yellow shot that old Frank Zappa song from the sixties began to play in my head. You know the one I mean, it goes something like "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

Wanting to get that song out of my head, I went to google and keyed in "Yellow Snow" to find the correct lyrics. What I got was a big memory wake up call. Seems there is a lot about colored snow that this old brain had forgotten beside the lyrics to that old Zappa song.

Thanks to Google my brain started stirring like batter in a mixer. First memory to return was all the news coverage back in march of 2009 on all that intense yellow snow that fell in Russia. I found an article on the weather network about cases of snow falling in black, red, blue, brown, orange and even pink. I read about yellow snow in South Korea in 2006 and orange snow in Siberia in 2007. All the result of different forms of pollution.

Then I recalled a science experiment in high school where we created pink snow. But, I can't recall the chemical we used to get the color. But, I digress. This is suppose to be a post for Mellow Yellow and I still had not come up with a suitable photograph by the time the Old Salt retuned home last night.

This morning the Old Salt saved the day. I found the perfect shot when I downloaded the photos from his camera. A glorious yellow sunset he captured from his brothers front yard as he was preparing to leave for the trip home.



I am linking this post to Mellow Yellow Monday


MellowYellowMondayBadge

Mellow Yellow Monday is hosted by Drowsey Monkey. To join in the fun or visit other Mellow Yellow participants just click here.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post other then your feeling puny. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.