Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Between the Chicken's Legs

 About a month ago I was finally released from house arrest (figuratively of course) so the "old Salt" arranged for us to spend some time with friends who have a timeshare in Branson, Missouri.  We never dreamed that a major tornado would hit the area the day before we arrived.  Everyone was scurrying to get the area cleaned up, the shows open and provide vacation fun as usual for the busloads of tourist that visit Branson each week.  

Today, I am sharing some of the photos I took during our stay that contain the color red, in honor of the weekly memes devoted to that color.   

Should you decide to eat in this barn shaped chicken restaurant you will have to enter by walking between the chicken's legs.  


This is the same restaurant.  What you can't see is all the tornado damage to the silo that is just out of camera view

This shot and the one below this are both of the same building. The roof was lifted up, intact, and ended up leaning against the back of the building like a broken lunch box lid..


Even Santa was trapped in the rubble for a while

I got the feeling that every crane in the state was busy in Branson.

Sorry, this is not a great shot because I took it through our windshield, but I had to share it anyway.  This 1957 Chevy has stood atop that Auto Museum sign as long as I can remember.  But, in a few short minutes the wind took its roof and doors without leaving a scratch on the rest of the car.   

I'm linking to Ruby Tuesday and Rednesday 

6 comments:

  1. Your photos are lots of fun. Why was everyone going to Branson? Good thing you missed the tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That' s funny!

    Visiting for RT 2 - hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/carmex-lip-balm.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering about the previous comment.....????

    Good thing you missed the tornado. It is always fascinating how the damage can be so extensive in one spot while leaving an adjoining area completely untouched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old friend in Branson and luckily she as well as her familys' homes were unscathed by this tornado. So much wreckage and heartache for many people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is darn scary! I want to go there someday, even if it's just to take photos! I'd MUCH rather live where we do (in earthquake country), that have to worry about tornadoes. They scare the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just struck me...
    That car is a 1957! Even what's left of it is worth a lot of money...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.