Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Photo Challenge --- Big

Welcome to the Thursday Photo Challenge. Todays theme is "Big." I had to go to my archives for my entries this week. First we have my nephew blowing the biggest bubble gum bubble at the county fair a few years ago. I believe that everyone will recognize my second photo. The tallest Monument in my area, The Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Last we have the life size statue of the once tallest man in the Guinness Book of World Records, Robert Wadlow of Alton, Ill.






The man in the picture is and average size relative, but he is internet shy so I promised to blank out his face. Robert Wadlow was a man who, to this day, is the tallest person in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence. He is often known as the "Alton Giant" because of his Alton, Illinois hometown.
Wadlow reached 8 feet 11.1 inches (2.72 m)[1][2] in height and weighed 490 pounds (220 kg) at his death.

To visit other Thursday Callenge entries visit http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.