Thursday, September 03, 2009

window views 18 -- last of an era

Welcome to Window Views, a thursday meme dedicated to all those architectural delights that let the light into the buildings around us.

My photos today are merely captures of what used to be. This old house once sat beside the church were my brother is pastor. On a recent visit I asked my brother about this old house and learned that it had been donated to the church and the wreaking ball was scheduled for the next morning. Even though it was well past dusk and getting dark I rushed to get these shots of an old house that was the last of its era.






To join the fun or peek through everyone else's window panes visit our host Mary t at Window Views.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to see old buildings torn down. They don't build them like they used to.
    Excellent pictures.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If inanimate objects were able to feel... I'll bet that grand old lady (er, house) is so happy to be immortalized here!

    Just call me a sentimental old sap. :)

    Myra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.