Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pink Saturday --- Pink Bacon

Even though I live in a rural town it is not often you see a live hog on the street, much less twice in the same 24 hour period. A few weeks ago I was taking a short cut through one of the neighborhoods, just before dark, and noticed a pickup towing a trailer parked on the side of the street. Nothing odd about that, we have many citizens who haul lawn equipment and off road vehicles. But, this trailer held a large cage containing a live sow. Regrettably, I was on a quick errand and did not have my camera.

The next morning I stopped at Target and on my way into the store I noticed the familiar smell of a pig farm. I looked around the lot and quickly found the source of the odor. I made a beeline for my car to fetch my camera and snapped the following shots of the same hog I had seen the night before.




I am linking this post to Pink Saturday, hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.
To join in the fun or just visit the pink post of others visit Beverly and her friends at

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty, pink piggy and he'll make a lovely Pink Saturday entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pig! I don't do pink saturday, but I bet this is a different sort of entry for it ;>)...

    Thanks for sharing! It's cool that you ran into him again --(never go out without your camera.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... such a cutie! Thanks for sharing and Merry Pinks to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.