Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Signs that convey thoughts

My old high school Webster tells me that a sign is any object, action, event, pattern, etc., that conveys a meaning. So, today I would like to share a few signs that some would consider art or home decor. But, they are really just a decorative way of conveying a meaning.

I found this sign hanging beside the cash register in a restaurant.

This needlework and the one below were both snapped in a local trift store.

I have to admit that they both resonate with me. I whole heartedly agree with both quotes.


I am linking this post to Signs, Signs hosted by Lesley of Southern Ontario, discovered . To check out what interesting signs others have posted this week click here.


3 comments:

  1. I like the needlepoint signs - they look like they were done by the same person.
    I've never seen the top one before, but I guess it is a good thing to get away from downtown once in a while and see for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those needlepoint signs - I agree with Lesley in thinking they must have been done by the same person.

    I very rarely shop "downtown", so I have to agree with that first sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree -- those are all great. And beautifully done. There are a lot of beach signs for houses around here, not nearly as lovely. If I were to put a sign in my house I'd want one of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.