Sunday, October 24, 2010

Photo Hunter Challenge ---- Orange Beetle

PhotoHunters This week's theme at Photo Hunter is the color orange. With Halloween just a few days off I'm sure there will be a lot of pumpkins and Halloween oranges. So, instead of a Halloween orange I chose a pumpkin colored VW. I captured this orange bug on the parking lot at Lowe's a few days ago.

Posted by Picasa

I have no idea how old it really is. It is just your standard old VW Beetle with lots of rust and a bad paint job. Plus, it is covered with the remnants of someone's attempt to give it that sixties feeling by adding hearts, flowers and peace signs all over it.

But, boy does it take me back in time. Back to my high school days in fact.

My very first date was with a guy that drove an old VW Beetle. It was a blind date with the son of one of my mother's friends, and the date was arranged by both our mothers. Never were two people more mismatched. Frankly, I don't remember the guy's name. But, I will never forget the way he looked. He wanted to make a distinctly bad impression so he picked me up wearing a dress. A spaghetti strap slip dress to be exact. And, I have to admit, he looked better in it than most of my girlfriends would have.

As to how the date went, I will leave that to your imagination. I'm sure whatever you think up will not be any worse than the real thing.

To check out what others are posting this week at Photo Hunter visit the Tennessee Chick and her friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.