Saturday, October 23, 2010

pink Saturday ----- cross the bridge

This week the Old Salt and I had to make a trip into St. Louis County to the town of Overland to pick up another of my Craigslist finds. Overland happens to be the town were my first husband and I started our married life. Since we were there I decided to take the Old Salt on a little trip down my memory lane. OS got a real dose of what my life was like back in the late sixties with the grand tour of my old stomping grounds, work places and other points of interest. Including a visit to the first house we purchased when we were still property virgins.

I'm delighted to report that the old place has been lovingly restored by someone who added the addition that we always wanted to build and could never afford. And, just down the street I
captured the following photos, that are just perfect for linking to this weeks Pink Saturday.


this bridge was build in the side yard spanning the area from the edge
of the rocky front flower bed to the side patio.


And, what should be sitting almost at its foot,
but, a cute playhouse with a matching pink door.


I am linking this post to Pink Saturday, hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound. To join in the fun or just visit the pink post of others visit Beverly and her friends

4 comments:

  1. I love how they incorporated the bridge with the little playhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip that must have been to see a first house! Still visiting around for PS. Hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing my Pink Saturday visiting quite late! What a sweet sight to see. I'll bet there was a cute little girl to go with it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.