Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Thursday Photo Challenge --- Music


This week's theme over at Thursday Photo Challenge is music. It could not be better timing than if I picked the theme myself. Why, you ask?

It just so happens our town was the host to the regional battle of the high school bands competition last Saturday. The day began with all seventeen bands marching almost three miles from Main St. to the football stadium at the high school. There were bands covering three class groups ( A,B & C) and ranging in size from eleven members to two hundred members.

Our high school has the largest band in our conference, and because no other school can match it in size, they choose to host this event each year. Traditionally the host band does not compete.

My grandson is a freshman this year and plays the Tuba in the marching band. So this was his first year to march in the parade. Unfortunately, it was a cold and rainy morning and I was suffering from a fibro attack so I had to miss seeing the bands march. I didn't have to miss out on hearing them play, however. Since we live a block from the high school, I got to hear the bands compete .... all seven hours of it. So, I can honestly say that "On Wisconsin" must be the fight song for lots of high schools. My dear husband also made sure to bring home lots of photos for me to share.

So lets go watch the parade.


To join the fun or just check out what others are posting visit The Thursday Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.