Saturday, March 05, 2011

Cranberry Glass

I shot the following photo at a local museum. They had a great exhibit of Cranberry Glass. All the antique books I have read call this a red glass. But, the pieces I have seen always look pink to me. So I hope you will agree with me, at least for the purpose of this post. I have posted other photos and the history of this glass in a past post that can be found here.
While Victorian cranberry glass still graces the shelves of antique shows and shops in limited quantities, it's much easier to find newer items these days. Both Fenton and Pilgrim produce beautiful cranberry glass items sold in department stores and gift shops around the country.


I am linking this post to Pink Saturday, hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.

To join in the fun or just visit the pink post of others visit Beverly and her friends at Pink Saturday

9 comments:

  1. They are really beautiful and look pink to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pink to me too! I love Cranberry glass and I own several pieces of it. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my those are pretty, I would say they are pink as well. Thanks for sharing those with us.
    Happy PS
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your have a really beautiful collection of cranberry glass! Happy Pink Saturda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well as if I didn't already like you for saying such sweet things about my sailor girl....the song on your blog put me right over the top ! Thanks for stopping by Scrap That Mac, I'm going to have a look around Cashjockey and The Old Salt now !

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are simply stunning pieces!! LOVE them!

    HPS!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely pink and sooooo beautiful!
    Happy PS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Love this collection!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy sweet and sugary Pink Saturday...God Bless you and keep you this week...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.