Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fresh Paint

Every time the Old Salt and I visit our doctor we try to avoid the highway traffic by going the back way. Just down the street from the doctor's building is a large field with an old barn. It was old and weathered with the door hanging on one hinge. The building listed to one side.

On a recent trip we discovered someone had done some repairs to the old structure and given it a bright new coat of Red paint. The door was still not square and the list was there but you couldn't miss noticing the changes in the old place.

Since this old barn has been incorporated in the city limits of Union, Missouri, I wonder if the city requested the improvements because the old barn had become an eyesore. Regardless, I'm delighted to see the barn has a face lift.

I am linking this post to Barn Charm, Ruby Tuesday and Rednesday.

Tricia at Bluff Area Daily host Barn Charm. To join the fun by posting your old barn photos or to just enjoy the photos taken by others visit Bluff Area Daily.


Mary at "Work of the Poet" hosts Ruby Tuesday. Rednesday is a Wednesday meme hosted by Sue at "It's a Very Cherry World." Both memes are dedicated to the color red. To join the fun or just check out what Red others are excited to share visit Mary and her friends at Ruby Tuesdayand Sue and her friends from Rednesday




15 comments:

  1. That's really amazing what a coat of paint can do for us all...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lot of barns are getting painted other colors these days! I'm always happy to see a red one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic red... WoW! It's looking up... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I hope a good samaritan just decided to help the old place out. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's done with a face lift. Nicely painted.
    Barn Charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red barns and love the one you posted about. We have a white one out to the front of our property and I would love to sneak out one night surprise my hubby and paint it red! Hahaha...
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to see the barn rescued! I have one down the road that is slowly falling into the ground, makes me sad.
    ~Faythe @ GMT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enjoying the barn meme posts. (I don't have enough pix of them to be tempted to join, but they are lovely structures. Bill loves barns too!)

    It's interesting that this lovely barn is in the city limits of your town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOthin' like a fresh coat of paint to brighten up and make it ALMOST like new!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even a barn falling down looks good in red, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. There must be some plans afoot for this place. It will be exciting to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing like the beauty of an old red barn! I'd love to travel the country, taking pictures of nothing but barns!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not know why, but I enjoy seeing old barns, This is a really neat one, especially since it is red.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a lot of barns here in Hunterdon County, NJ.. Mostly cow and horse barns. There is one particular barn that I pass every day that always catches my eye.. I would love to just walk inside and smell the hay... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.