Monday, March 28, 2011

Old Red Barn

Last Thursday we visited with some dear friends who recently rented a house in the country. I snapped the following shots while standing beside their garage.

This pastorial scene is part of the property owned by their landlord and just a short distance across the yard. It is located in Warren County just outside the small town of Treloar, Missouri. The Katy trail runs just a short distance from that road in the background going up the hill.

I can't wait to get permisson to go exploring inside this old barn, I can already imagine the photos that I will be able to take.

I really like this cupola that sits on top of the barn, and regret that the weathervane did not show up in my shot.

I am linking this post to Barn Charm, Ruby Tuesday and Rednesday

Barn Charm is a Monday meme hosted by Tricia.
To check out those charming barns posted by others visit Bluff Area Daily.


Mary at "Work of the Poet" hosts Ruby Tuesday. Rednesday is a Wednesday meme hosted by Sue at "It's a Very Cherry World." Both memes are dedicated to the color red. To join the fun or just check out what Red others are excited to share visit Mary and her friends at Ruby Tuesdayand Sue and her friends fromRednesday


20 comments:

  1. Very nice! You just gotta love an old barn! Especially an old RED barn....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know you will be back to visit and can try for that weather vane another time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely barn and it definitely looks worth exploring the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place for a young boy to grow up;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful scenery to look at everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go with you to search that barn. Very nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too would love to go exploring inside this beautiful big red barn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll go exploring with you...I bet there are lots of photo ops inside that old barn. Very beautiful peaceful setting! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH -- beautiful post and wow, we stayed in an RV Park on the beautiful Katy Trail one time. Walked a tiny smidgen of it. Yea!

    One of these days I am going to get a map with pins, like some of the parks and tourist places have, so that I can mark where my blogging friends live. (Bill just for some reason doesn't want it taking up a whole wall in our tiny house ;>))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid the owner would get tired of me coming over wanting to take pics & explore their old barn if I lived that close... he'd probably kick me out! LoL!

    Beautiful & can't wait to see pics of what's inside!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess that settles it. Tell your friends to put the kettle on. We are all having a field trip with you to poke around inside the barn.

    Weather vanes are a great subject for photos all their own.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly captured a winner here...love the cupola.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shot of the barn.
    Take care!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing like an old red barn! You captured it beautifully, and I can't wait to see shots of the inside too!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that old red barn and the whole pastoral scene!! Between your barn and my bridge, I think we have red structures covered on this weeks wednesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops, I just realized that I was signed in as my husband instead of as myself. That message from Michael is really from me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, what fantastic pictures..They would be perfect to get enlarged and framed..hung on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots, Rita! Looks like a nice area to live in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.