Thursday, March 10, 2011

Signs, Signs

I can't believe it is Thursday again. Where does my time go. So, what is so special about Thursday. Many things. First, I have been looking forward to this particular Thursday because today I am meeting up with several of my cousins from Eugene Oregon (who are in town for a family wedding this weekend) for a nice lunch and a long visit.

Second, Thursday is the day of several of my favorite memes. One of which is Signs, Signs. I have been collecting sign shots for years and appreciate the opportunity to show off a few.

I found this first sign in the window of a connivence store recently.

The next two shots come from my archives.
They were taken during our trip to San Francisco in the fall of 2009.


This was the first time I had seen sidewalks marked with reminders to look before crossing.

I certainly did not need words to know that if I parked in front of this garage my car would be towed.

I am linking this post to Signs, Signs.
A new meme hosted by Lesley of Southern Ontario, discovered . To check out what interesting signs others have posted this week click here.



5 comments:

  1. You know I love signs too. That towing one was made by someone who was very crafty, I think, but the Look Both Ways was the funniest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "all kinds of stuff" saves on words and says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen those "look" signs on sidewalks either, but it makes sense, since most people keep their heads down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them! The shop owners in the first one seem to have taken the easy, and quite creative, way out, instead of making a list of what they sell. I think I would be tempted to go in and have a look around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.