Thursday, June 11, 2009

Theme Thursday -- Swing

Welcome to Theme Thursday where the topic of the week is swing.

I tried to come up with something more original than the typical playground swing without success. So here with great fanfare may I introduce you to two wonderful girls that spent the last school year as part of my extended family. Foreign exchange students, Fabie (on the left) from Germany and Rebecca (on the right) from Denmark; recently returned to their homes and families, after spending ten months in our small community. Fabie was hosted by my brothers family and Rebecca was the guest of my sister and her family.

It was a true pleasure getting to know these girls and having them join in all of our family adventures.



If this seems familiar, your right. I used this photo for a shadow shot post about a month ago. But, it was the only swing picture I could come up with.


To see more great swing related posts or to join the fun visit Theme Thursday
http://themethursday.com

8 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My inlaws hosted many exchange students...they were a delight and are still considered part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see that swings are fun for older kids too. Thanks and happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so great that you welcomed them into the community. coming to a new town or culture can be quite a shock. i am sure they were able to share some of your culture too. good times. happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were to have had a Japanese exchange student a few years back when my daughter was at school but she became ill and cancelled the trip. My friends have had girls from Jermany and Denmark and Sweden many times and forged really strong bonds with them, they still come out and visit ever couple of years. It's a great way for young people around the world to experience life in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ronda. There's no real need to ever "outgrow" swinging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreeing with Ronda and Sliver Fox, Rita. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the others here. Swings can be fun, no matter your age.

    It is nice that your family are hosts for the exchange students. I remember in high school that we all had fun knowing our exchange students.

    Thanks for sharing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.