Sunday, February 20, 2011

A 3-Cent Nickel

If you are a regular visitor here then you know that I suffer from Fibromyalgia. And, let me tell you it has been kicking my butt since all the bad weather started. This last week it took all I could do to stay awake long enough to complete the basic daily task, so my blog has suffered ---------AGAIN!

I'm way late in posting to my new blogging buddy Lesley's meme on signs for this week but could not reconcile with myself to skip it all together. "So better late than never" as they say.

The Old Salt received a gift card for Christmas to Bass Pro. We do not live close to one of their stores so we waited for a nice day to made the long drive to redeem his card. Whenever possible we try to travel the most scenic route so that we can enjoy the countryside. I photographed the following sign in the front yard of a home on one of those narrow, curvy state roads that always seem to have some kind of double letter. You know the kind I mean, Highway KK, or AA or such.

The family that lives here takes their patriotism very seriously. This sign was made to last a life time and they wanted to be sure that it could be seen given the size of it. I enlarged the wording in the shot below so that you can read it better.

While visiting a small local museum I captured a shot of this sign that was locked behind a glass showcase. I had never heard of this coin before.

Have You?


I am linking this post to Signs, Signs.
A new meme hosted by Lesley of Southern Ontario, discovered . To check out what interesting signs others have posted this week click here.


3 comments:

  1. Hope the good days outnumber the bad. I love that patriotic sign. A lot of the signs that honor our military leave out the Coast Guard and I was pleased to see they didn't and also included our Police and firefighters. Very nice. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rita -- I hope you're having a good day today and a good week lies ahead.

    I love these signs, you are an expert at catching the good ones that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of a wooden nickel, but never a 3 cent nickel. Hope you have better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.