Monday, September 24, 2012

E. A. S. Y. Tuesday

I am once again participating in Easy Tuesday hosted by Renae of "Simple Sequins" and her sister Mary of "merrydotdandy." This week I am featuring items that spell out the word E-A-S-Y.  

         E is for entrance, A is for Anchor, S is for steps and Y is for yaird!


E N T R A N C E

I was on the hunt all week for photos that would spell out the word EASY.  I happened on this entrance to the D Bar S Ranch while the Old Salt and I were out and about this week in search of new photo opts.  I somehow think of ranches being located in places like Texas, so in my book this was just another Missouri cattle farm. But, perhaps being able to call yourself a rancher is somehow more classy than just being a farmer.  Then again, I guess a ranch is just a farm that grows cattle.  


                               A N C H O R












I remembered this old ship's anchor thats been resting in front of a building on Front street for decades. The seating area faces the river and is a great place to relax while taking a stroll around the downtown shops.  This building is currently home to a Restaurant and Pub called Marquarts Landing.    


S T A I R S

Please, try to not step on the shadows as you climb these stairs.  

I saw this stairway at Roaring River State Park in Cassville, Missouri.  The stairs climb a steep hill leading to the hiking trail which takes you to the observation platform overlooking a trout hatchery.  




Y A I R D




















Yaird is a noun that means garden. Okay, so I'm showing off.  Let's just go for  simple and say yard.  This is my favorite yard in town.  I photographed this  house more times than I can count. The yard changes with the four seasons and each is spectacular.  This year's drought caused the summer version to be less colorful than usual so I have shared the spring version.  Whether you call it a yaird, a garden or just a yard, this one is always a delight to the eye.


Linking to:
















9 comments:

  1. Yay....You are the first....and here you are another week... Hooray for you. Thank you for joining us again. I LOVE that anchor..the Yaird is beautiful...Stairs are lovely... I would really like to see that ranch. I can imagine from the gate that the ranch is first rate. 1st Rate - Gate Haaahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos...aren't you the fancy one with your 'yaird'; I had to smile at that. Very pretty one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita - golly that is a fun post you have here! Thank you for participating in EASY Tuesday two weeks in a row! (( big hug ))

    I love that YAIRD too and I love that spelling of it, also. hahahaha. Those stairs are cool and a wee bit ominous. I'm loving a ton of all of your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a difficult post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youa re very good at doing this. Making nice post with your words and pictures! From OWT
    my entry: one blessed morning: willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rita, I'm having tech difficulties emailing you. Will you please email me so I can reach you via your email? ya?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the anchor
    giant rusty work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really amazing the things you can come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.