Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Easy Tuesday

I just discovered a new (to me) meme hosted by Renae of "Simple Sequins" and her sister Mary of "merrydotdandy."  The meme is called Easy Tuesday and premiss is simple.  To do a easy post each Tuesday.  This week I am featuring items that spell out the word E-A-S-Y.  

         E is for energy, A is for Animal, S is for sassy and Y is for yummy!

                                  E N E R G Y














What has more energy then a group of children at play.  This shot was taken at our family gathering on New Year's Day 2012.  It features a few of the children in my family enjoying the sunny and moderately warm (for us) winter day. 

A N I M A L 














 I captured this adorable boxer sharing his human's fun yellow convertible, on one of the first days of school.  I was waiting in the carpool lane to pick up my sister's exchange student.                           

                                 S A S S Y














My dictionary tells me that something sassy is lively, bold and full of spirit.  I think this adorable little cow I found decorating a yard here in town is all that. She certainly invited me in to share her bench.        

Y U M M Y  

Home-baked version of the original St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake
Like many a delicacy -- fudge, brownies and chocolate chip cookies among them --the gooey butter cake was created by accident. Sometime in the 1930s, legend has it, a German baker in St. Louis inadvertently put too much sugar into his cake batter, and was too thrifty to waste it, so he baked it anyway.
The glutinous result was a hit and today there's hardly a bakery in St. Louis or the surrounding region that doesn't offer a version of this happy accident. 

Learn more about this scrumptious only-in-St. Louis treat and to get the recipe for the home-baked version click here.  

Linking to:



11 comments:

  1. Great post! You captured the essence of the hop and it is great. Thank you for your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya - thank you for joining me. I also copied your "over 50 & bloggin'" sign. thank you for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and thanks for the reminder on the cake... was trying to think a desert for tonight that we haven't had in a long time and this fits the bill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the premise, but it's not that EASY! Great photos for the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK -- to me that didn't really look like an EASY post to put together. But it sure was fun to read. (Only now I am starving and "too much sugar" is def. out of all possibilities around here). But it's a gorgeous cake. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post today - and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Gooey Butter Cake! I had some we bought at the Soulard Market last year...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great! I love the way you joined in on our easy tuesday...it is so easy. I hope some more will come to our party in the future. Now about that cake...never had any. I may have to bake one. I love the funny cow, cute dog and happy children. Haahhaha so much cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post, I love the dog, it`s so sweet! (and the car...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fun. That boxer sure is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, Rita! Light and fun! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.