Friday, September 07, 2012

Pink Pigs can fly



I hate that needling feeling you get when you think you have done something before. I got that feeling this week when I photographed a pink pig flying from the roofline of a neighborhood porch. Something tells me I have used  this little piggy before.  A search through my archived labels didn't produce a link, so I am going to share this photo today.  Forgive me if you have seen this little piggy before.    



  This shot proves pigs can fly.  This little porker actually has wings. I remember capturing this flying piggy, at the annual arts and craft fair held each fall, a few years ago. I fear he got lost in the jumbled filing system on my old external hard drive. I spotted him yesterday while looking for something else.  I have a new and much improved filing system now and hope to make time for integrating all my old shots into it. Perhaps, one snowy day this winter?


I passed this basket a dozen times over the course of this summer.  It sits on a very busy road with no shoulder so the other day I got bold and just pulled right into the drive way.  I hoped out and snapped a few shots and was on my way before anyone knew I was there.  It has looked just like this since late May.  I just wish the owners had planted something with more height that grew more and spilled over the edge of the basket.   I think it is a little wimpy looking, but, it is still a pretty pink basket of posies. The Old Salt thinks it is just right. But then what does an old sailor know about flower arrangements? 



Linking to Pink Saturday 













15 comments:

  1. Great pink and the pigs have such a sense of humor about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative hehehe. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    PINK reminders is my entry.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that first hot pink porker!! Great pics for Pink Sat.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get my pictures organized one of these days too -- when pigs fly probably (all the rest of them)!

    I remember seeing those concrete basket planters when we were in your part of the country; never seen them out here or in FL or anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As crianças devem adorar esses porcos voadores,rs Lindo! beijos,tudo de bom,chica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute pigs...and I love that flower basket! I can just see that one in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pinks - love that flying pig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my pinkness! Who doesn't enjoy a cute flying pig! Especially such a cute shade of pink! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your piggies are precious, and delightful puzzles, as well. I love looking to see if I can identify all the components of such sculpture.

    HPS

    PS---I SO enjoyed looking at all your Beard Parade---DH has quite a lovely Santa one, and is such a sweet Grandpa type, he has no hang-ups about wearing a red hat all through December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you shared as I have never seen this before. You just never know what you will see. That is why I keep my little digital with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first piggy! What a fun way to recycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pink pigs
    and when they can fly it's magic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita,

    Sorry for giving you a midnight Cake Crave!! I'd love you to have some of these---Friday night we had an absolute FLOOD downstairs, with wet carpet, shop-vacs and fans running constantly, so we had to postpone our tea party.

    We still picked up the cakes, and DH and I just had one each for supper dessert after a tomato sandwich.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos! I love whimsical pieces of folk-art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.