Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tinkerbell Wings


During my outings around town this week I happened on another yard decked out in pink.  Above, we have the sitting area under the front window complete with a window box of bright pink impatience.  Below is a photo of the pink fencing I noticed in the backyard.  




 Every Wednesday the Old Salt and I are my mother's chauffeur to and from the bowling alley where she plays on a ladies league.  While waiting for her league to finish this week, I met a lady named Jane.  I noticed Jane, when she took her turn to bowl, because she was wearing a pair of pink angel wings.  When I got the chance to meet Jane she explained she bowls under the nickname Tinkerbell and never bowls without her lucky pink wings.  Jane is a delightful woman who has written a little ditty about her lucky wings and was nice enough to perform it for me. She created a little dance to go with her rhyming song.  I will have to remember to take a camcorder with me one of these weeks so I can record Jane and her lucky little song and dance.  



Linking to Pink Saturday 



6 comments:

  1. I just love Tinkerbell's spunk... and your Mom's too for bowling! You go, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire anyone who is not shy about performing! Love your pink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story about Tinkerbell, she is obviously someone who enjoys life to the fullest. Great pinks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun lady Tinkerbell is! I have a friend with that nickname too. I must look out for some wings for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you find the fun everywhere! The whole post is great showing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun pink, Rita. I apologize that it has taken me so long to get here, but I finally made it. Working full time interferes with my fun. Ha!

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.