Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sit a Spell

   It has been a somewhat strange week around our house.  Several situations have conspired to change our normal nocturnal habits.  As a result the Old Salt and I have been up and about in the early morning most of this week.  I posted a few days ago about our visit to Lions lake to photograph the sunrise.  This morning we took advantage of the cooler weather and went for a stroll around the historic district downtown.  

I noticed many of these old houses have an inviting space where folks can get together with their friends and neighbors and sit a spell over a cool drink. 






Grab your glass of ice tea or a tall pitcher of sangria, sit back and enjoy a few of the relaxing spots we discovered during our early morning walk. 

Based on the two streets we walked today it certainly looks as if white, red or a combination of the two are the most popular colors in this part of town.  


























This bench happens to be right outside my own front door.  Each of you are invited to stop by any time and sit a spill.  Heck, you may even find my old fashion southern iced tea to your liking.   

Linking to:







17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of "sittin' chairs"! I love them...and if I get to your neck of the woods, I will certainly love to sit a spell with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love porch swings- nothing more relaxing for sittin' and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, some lovely places to relax and ponder the good things! Have a great day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos from your place.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindas cadeiras e fotos!!beijos,ótima semana,chica

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sociable town you have there, so many wonderful places for friends to gather and pass the afternoon together whilst sipping tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many little inviting spaces!
    I feel like I'm watching the latest HGTV show of backyard spaces Rita!
    My faves are the white rockers and lime green pillows and those red adirondacks. I have blue ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post, seeing all the nice porches and sitting areas. I like the wicker set and the white rocking chairs. Thanks for sharing, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful collage! I love the green stool and matching green pillows on the chairs....and though you can't see much of it, that one with the red and tan looks like it might be an Arts & Crafts house, which is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for a mosaic...the seating areas...and wonderful ones they are, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your invite sounds sooooo good right about now. If wishes were horses ....
    These images are really inviting, Rita. Yes, I'm curious about that Southern iced tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful setting!

    Ruby Leaves is one of my entries. Please come and see, your comment will be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Red chairs look so comfy..

    Visiting from Ruby Tuesday 2 - hope you can stop by..

    http://dsahmblogs.com/2012/09/tcp-zip-up-sherpa-hoodie.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know! Where I live, we have just a few short months really, to have these wonderful sitting places....before old man winter comes rolling in....forcing us to change our ways...but aren't they just so inviting! YeS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If my porch were large enough, I'd have one each of those chairs, benches and rockers! Love the ice cream parlor ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the different spots for relaxing! A perfect post for Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shots. A late Ruby Tuesday visit. Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.