Sunday, August 09, 2009

Color Carnival #14 --- Tom Sawyer Cruise

Sunday is the day we join Martha and all of her friends at Color Carnival, the meme that lets us celebrate all the colors of the rainbow. For this weeks entries I am going back to the beginning of last month for my photos. Some of my Alabama cousins came for a visit and the Old Salt and I played tour guide. Naturally, one of the first places we took my cousins was to the St. Louis riverfront where we visited the Gateway Arch and then took a cruise on the paddlewheeler "Tom Sawyer."

When coming up the ramp to the barge that serves as the ticket office and waiting area for the cruse I photographed this barrel of colorful flowers sitting at the entrance way.



Overhead hung the these colorful signal flags


the waiting area had bright read chairs and colorful posters on the wall.


As we exited the ramp after the cruise I spotted these colorful bicycles waiting to be rented. I had never seen this type of bike before that day but, I have seen them several different versions of them posted here since then.




To join the fun or to check out all the colorful entries of other players, visit Martha and her friends at http://colorcarnivalmeme.blogspot.com



Now I have a very colorful shot I want to share. I subscribe to news service and this showed up recently. Since it is not mine it will not count as a Color Carnival entry but I thought you would enjoy seeing it. credit goes to the Zhou Chao of the China Foto Press.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful color carnival shots and I'm so glad you included the dogs - That is just so wrong! LOL!

    Have a great week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your colorful photos are wonderful, but those dogs made me laugh aloud. Glad I didn't miss this one ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.