Thursday, August 13, 2009

Theme Thursday -- Town and Country Fair

How fast the week rolls around. Theme Thursday is here once again. In celebration of the upcoming 40th Anniversary of Woodstock, contributor Tut-Tut suggested this weeks theme of "Festival."

This past August 5th through 9th one of the five largest fairs in our state was held less than a mile from my home. It is so close that the sounds, lights and fireworks can be seen and heard in my front yard. Last Tuesday I posted the history of the fair along with some photos I took of the fairgrounds being set up. You can see it here.

Regrettably, I was unable to attend all of the fair events this year; the Old Salt and I only made it to the last day when Korean and Vietnam Veterans were honored. Since the Old Salt is a retired Navy officer who spent 32 years in the service of our country that was one ceremony I was determined not to miss. It isn't often that a Vietnam veteran gets to hear words of praise.

I attached a slide show of a few of the photos I took but it is still rather lengthy. I do hope you have time to see it to the end.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: TOWN & COUNTRY FAIR
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




To join the fun or visit more festivals from around the world visit Theme Thursday

9 comments:

  1. very cool pics. you have a great eye fr taking the ordinary and making an extraordinary shot. fairs provide such interesting sights and you captured that well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely the time for fairs! happy Theme Thursday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go to a fair! Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm gonna try this again. My stupid computer keeps burping and freezing up.

    'Just wanted to send a big shout of thanks for ya'all's warm words. Just like your intro (above), comments are the highlight of my day, too!

    I couldn't get through all the pix (computer issues above), but your lens had (have!) my "spit" salivating. Corn on the cob ... it's been years! Come to think of it, I haven't been to a fair in like, forever. 'Appreciate your providing this prompt; I'm (really) putting it on my "to-do" list.

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, nice shots all round! I especially like the topiary bear( at least it looks like a bear ) Happy week-end :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The country festivals are the most fun of all and are full of honor and tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my site. Without your visits there would be no incentive to continue posting. So, having you here and reading your comments is the highlight of my day.

I regret that time does not always allow me to return visits to everyone who stops by, but, I will certainly do my best to get to everyone. I will definitely answer any questions you leave me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.